We Invite you to Join the Achievement Marine Team & Jumpstart your Marine Industry Career!
Marine Service Technician
Marine diesel engine, mechanical systems, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to grow a career in the Greater Seattle yacht repair industry. If you’ re up for a dynamic work environment with a top performance company, read on!
$18.00 - $28.00 per hour – Health Care available after 30 days on the job.
Seattle Shipyard Shipfitters Needed at Multiple Locations! Employees are responsible for the metal fabrication and repair of steel, aluminum and other metals aboard vessels.
· Set-up and welding of aluminum and steel plates including the use of; Welding Machines, Circular Saws, Band Saws, Chop Saws, Jig Saws, Plasma cutter and cutting wheels on grinders.
· Lays-out and fabricates steel and aluminum structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for welding.
· Lays out position of parts within hull form, working from blueprints or templates and using hand tools.
· Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock and frame lines.
· Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, come-a-longs, turnbuckles, clips, wedges and mauls.
Generally, requires 3-5 years' experience, preferably within the maritime industry (aluminum experience preferred). Shipfitters and Welders are required to be able to operate gas/oxygen cutting torches, plasma torch, shop machinery and must have knowledge of blueprint ready. Welders need to pass FCAW test and WABO card is helpful in gaining employment. Pre-employment drug testing are also pre-requisite of employment.
Work is performed in a Shipyard and there may be extreme temperatures and conditions. At time you will work in areas that have less adequate ventilation. There will be heavy lifting and climbing to work in high places and confined spaces. The work can often be dirty and difficult. May be required to work more than a normal workweek, including weekends. Travel may also be required. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
$24.00 per hour Local Pay
Travel Assistance and Per Diem available for those who qualify - Health Care available after 30 days on the job.
Please send resumes to our recruiters for consideration at multiple locations. 2-5 years as a 1st Class Mechanic required.
Send Resumes to: email@example.com
Office: (425) 788-3776 to talk to a Recruiter